9 REASONS YOU CAN'Y GET AN ASS
1) You think that doing the movement and contracting the muscle are the same thing. You think just because you lifted a 45kg deadlift that your glutes will have fired, functioned and contracted against the load, you’re wrong.
2) You don’t eat enough, you think that low calorie = better results. Well muscle is an entity the body doesn’t require necessary unless we have a sufficient amount of calories in our diet.
3) You eat the same calories every day, you think your caloric intake, like programming can stay the same – well actually you’d be better off splitting your calories into a share of days of too many and too little.
4) You think you can go through the entirety of your fitness and ‘lifting life’ without having to learn basic anatomy. If you don’t know the terms: hip hinge, RDL, hip flexion/extension, external rotation, pelvic tilt, dorsiflexion and many others then you’ll need to get clued up to get the best out of your lifting – if you need any help with that ask any of the girls I train, they’re probably more clued up than you are.
5) You lift in the same rep range every time you lift, if you’re getting used to it, chances are your muscles are too.
6) You don’t eat enough protein, don’t worry 90% of people don’t.
7) You under recover, you’d rather be on Instagram than be asleep. (That’s when muscles repair)
8) You think that a detox, cleanse, quinoa and vegan superfoods will get you a perky butt. I’ll simplify it for you, a great butt is a presence of lean muscle with an optimal amount of fat, not too much, not too little. Save the quinoa for the hippies.
9) You think that lifting your leg in the air is going to stimulate muscle tissue. I’ve said it before – Imagine me if you will, I’m in the free weights are of the gym, I’m 10 days out from California. I’m by the mirror, I’m doing bicep curls however instead of loading a weight I am trying to use the weight of my forearm and my forearm alone to stimulate the muscle.
I’d look like a complete idiot, right? Well, ladies when you’re waving your leg in the air for 50 reps, you’re kind of looking the same. TOP TIP: Instagram videos have one purpose and one purpose only, to get you to interact with it. These babes love to put up INTERESTING videos of lunge variations and ways to use the smith machine… I watch you girls re-enact them on the gym floor and well, you wouldn’t be reading this post if those worked for you, would you?
KEEP IT SIMPLE, BE CONSISTENT.