10 SIMPLE WAYS TO LOSE FAT
I am going to try and keep this short and sweet, which I am awful at – here it goes.
If you want to lose some body fat, here are some very simple rules you will want to abide by, I will give you a little insight into them without going into too much detail. For more answers or expansion on any questions please just email me at email@example.com and I will get back to you asap!
1. Accept the fact you’re consuming too many calories. When you earn more than you spend you will gain negative weight, its that simple, do not argue with the laws of thermodynamics.
2. Look into what you’re eating and point out the foods that are causing an issue, if you’re not sure then get someone to help – like a PT. (plug)
3. Eat less carbs. Now this does not mean NO CARB, I see you lot all moving your carb intake from 70% to 7% and fluctuating, I never said LOW carb I just said less. Carbs have one job and one job only in the body… energy. Use it or store it, that simple, yes really.
4. Eat more protein. ‘But Andrew I do not want to be bulky’. *sigh*.
Listen, theres 50 blokes in free weights doing whatever they can trying to bulk on muscle mass with 4 shakes a day and more protein bars than you could shake a stick at – they are still failing at putting on muscle…So trust me on this one, upping your protein intake by 20-40% will have no side effects apart from enabling you to sustain a leaner physique and generally looking and feeling better. Like I said, trust me on this one.
5. Move more, this can be as simple as parking a bit further away from the supermarket. I see people cramming their cars as close to the gym entrance as possible to avoid walking another 11.5 steps to the door. Stop it.
6. Lift weights, heavy ones too (if possible). I have been using weight training to improve male and female physiques for a while and still going strong. Besides training your physique will put you in good stead for when you do lose the fat. Your cardiovascular ability will rarely get you laid, yep I said it.
7. Plan what you’re doing. It does not have to be complex but at least have some direction and perhaps a goal and timeframe to ensure you’re on target, or not on target but still have a plan.
8. If it's not working, change it.
“Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.”
I hear Einstein said that, I am pretty sure I have said it more though. I ‘walk the floor’ whenever I want new clients and I am afraid I target the slaves to cardio machines. Oh, you’re using steady state cardio for fat loss along side no nutritional change? How is that going? How long have you been doing this for? People have sometimes invested months of time into a training program and seen NO RESULTS. Change it up, mix it up, or get help using a PT. (plug ;)
9. More is not always better. I had a client last year, fat loss was halted over a period of 2 weeks. I asked for a food log and actually saw calories were near the lowest I had seen them in the last 2-3 months and asked about personal life. Huge amounts of stress with work amongst other things and still hitting the gym 5 times a week. I got this client to drop 2 sessions a week and replace them with a pretty big meal. Guess what? Fat loss the next week.
10. Stop eating (as much) rubbish
It will creep in everyones diet, anyone who tells you they eat clean 100% of the time is either full of shit or has an eating disorder bigger than yours (if you have one, most of us do.) Just try and eat less and replace it with food that has a PURPOSE.
Wrapping it up here but if I had to summarise in 30 seconds the best fat loss strategy. It would be down to consistency – do what you know you need to do, but be very patient and more consistent.
Have a great day!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
I aim to inspire, motivate and educate my clients for long lasting results